Not long until 19th to 21st September LLAWN – Llandudno Arts Weekend I will be over at Haus of Helfa with my projection in response to Llandudno’ lost buildings. My short film in response to Gareth Griffith work in situ with his installation and the spoken word of Rhys Trimble. Also due to the Response my video for the Llandudno IPP event My Tedder house Lost space will also be on show to the general public.
My response to the empty space that was Dolgarrog Aluminium works and the pride of the people who worked there. The work was part of Haus of Helfa for Llawn01. Taken from an 8mm cine film projection found at a car boot sale and over 3 hrs of conversation with John ‘Brickie’ Roberts. Then projected on the old Canteen wall at Dolgarrog Aluminium works.
Seems to be cool and overcast today. Its difficult carrying all your stuff around in the heat of the day but provides some good results
Found some new pil boxes yesterday which was great 3 new as well.
I projected pictures of the Great Orme on the side of the barn last night in Milazzo it produced lovely texture with the Stone Walls.
Got into to Milazzo and soft lad had forgotten his memory card so we had to venture on the local bus. The funny thing was Allie asked “were was the bus”? to which they replied “there are no buses“. definitely lost in translation unless they thought we ment open top tour bus 🙂 It reminded me of Prague when i asked the taxi driver how you would great someone with say ” how do you do” the taxi driver replied we do not say that we are not interested”
Off to look at the castle today and then im going to Catania (maybe)
- Alan in Sicily day #3 (alanwhitfield80.wordpress.com)
- Alan in Sicily Day#6 (alanwhitfield80.wordpress.com)
- Alan in Sicily Day#5 (alanwhitfield80.wordpress.com)
- Alan in Sicily Day #1 (alanwhitfield80.wordpress.com)
- Alan in Sicily Day#2 (alanwhitfield80.wordpress.com)
- Alan in Sicily Day#4 (alanwhitfield80.wordpress.com)
- Sicily part 2 (heelsonthetrip.wordpress.com)
So I’m all packed and ready yo depart for Sicily tomorrow morning. However last night i had a bit fun projecting in a secret location for something i am doing for Helfa Gelf at the end of the years. it will involve 1960’s cine film projection and my words. It was a long night waiting for it to go dark but the results were worth waiting for.
A tease of the finished results can be seen here http://www.lapseit.com/gallery/6965/#.UZ0869qx7mQ.twitter …
This is the video of me performing a visual projection on Conwy Castle in North Wales. It was part of the blinc digital arts festival 2012. I wrote it while traveling along the A5 between Capel Curig and Bethesda in the Snowdonia National park. It was written listening to the Beach boys on one of the only sunny days that we had this summer
- Conwy Castle over the Rooftops – Photo a Day – Travel Photography (Travel Photos) (travelingwithkrushworth.wordpress.com)
- Conwy Castle, Conwy, North Wales – Photo a Day – Travel Photography (Travel Photos) (travelingwithkrushworth.wordpress.com)
- VIDEO: Digital arts fest lights up Conwy (bbc.co.uk)
- Blinc Digital Arts Festival 2012 (creatabot.co.uk)